Parent FAQ

Parent FAQ

Q: Does SIYB offer Financial Assistance?

A: SIYB is pleased to offer limited financial assistance for those whose finances may inhibit participation in our league. Financial Assistance Application found below or in the SIYB office.  Form must be submitted to the SIYB office (1221 N Howard, North Entrance). * Please submit your application with verification of income as identified on the application. * Financial Assistance is only available for timely registrations. Financial Assistance Application 2018

Q: Is Spokane Indians Youth Baseball affiliated with Spokane Region Little League (District 13)?

A: SIYB is not affiliated with Spokane Little League however we are very supportive of the organization.

Q: What is the age cutoff?

A: A players age is determined by their age on April 30th. ex. if your son is 9 on April 30th they will be elligible to play in the 9U league. Based on the 2-year play up rule your player could also play up to 11’s.

Q: What kind of bat does my child need ?

Q: What are the bat rules for 2018?


In conjunction with USA Baseball and its other participating national member organizations, PONY Baseball has adopted the new USA Baseball bat standard (USABat). Effective January 1, 2018, with the exception of -3 (BBCOR certified), all other minus factor bats (-5, -7, -9, etc.), must be YBBCOR certified with the USABat licensing stamp on the bat in order to be used for league play. Minus factor bats -5, -7, -9, etc. used in 2017 will be illegal to use in 2018.

Due to numerous requests from next year’s 12u teams, SIYB has decided that the 12u league will be exempt from this new rule and will be allowed to use the 2017 bats.

SIYB will still be using the 2017 bat standards for all three of its tournaments: Cinco de Mayo, Memorial Day Super Bash, and Best in the Northwest.

Starting in 2019, the entire league will be following the 2018 bat standards.


Q: What divisions are full team only?

A: The Cal Ripken, Babe Ruth and Pony Divisions are full team only. If your player is not already on a team and would like to try and get on one please visit our find a team page.

Q: What if I am not on a team?

A: Players not already on a team should sign up for our Inland NW Division.



For players 8-12 that want to play kid pitch there is a 10U Minors division (8-10) and a 12U Majors division (10-12) for the Spring and the Summer. In the Spring and Summer you just sign your player up and they will be placed on a team in their high school area. If there is no available team in their high school area, the player will be placed on a nearby team.

For players 4-8 that want to play coach pitch or t-ball all you need to do is sign up and we will build teams based on their high school area. There is NO need to form a team, but full teams are allowed.If there is no available team in their high school area, the player will be placed on a nearby team.

Q: Do we have to provide our own uniforms and equipment?

A: Uniforms and equipment will be provided for all teams in the Inland Northwest divisions. All teams in our full team divisions will provide their own uniforms and equipment.

Q: Does SIYB provide practice fields?

A: Yes, we will attempt to provide practice fields after March 26th through the end of the season.

Q: Can a player play up?

A: A player can play up two years in all leagues. As an example, if you are 7 you can play in the Pony 9U Mustang division, but not in the 10u division. If you are 10 you could play in the  12U division, but not in the 13U division.

Q: Are there boundaries?

A: SIYB makes every effort to group teams together based on their location to the nearest high school. Depending on numbers, some teams could be comprised of people from all over the Spokane Area. Coach Pitch and T-ball teams will be placed on teams as close to their elementary as possible.

Q: We are renting a gym or field and are being asked for insurance information?

A: Download the insurance form off of the Coaches page.

Q: Where will our games be held?

A: Because we are a countywide and North Idaho league we try to get fields in the Spokane Valley, Mead, South Hill, Northside and North Idaho. Based on availability we will try to schedule games as close to home as possible. For Coach Pitch and T-Ball you will have half of your games at a field in your area. No games for Coach Pitch or T-Ball will be scheduled in North Idaho.

Q: Do all coaches have to register online?

A: Yes, all head and assistant coaches need to apply online so we can perform background checks.