Best in the Northwest 2017
ANNOUNCEMENT: For 2017 SIYB is doing an Early Bird Special in regards to tournament registration. Register on or before February 28th and save $50. Tournament fees are listed below. Also for 2017, SIYB will continue with a Stay & Play program for our tournaments. Out of town teams (teams more than 80 miles from Spokane) will be required to stay at one of our contracted hotels (hotels listed in team registration or at link at bottom of page), or teams can pay an additional $100 to opt out of the stay and play. Minimum of 5 rooms per night, 2 night minimum.
- June 2-4, 2017
- Click here > Last years teams Best in the Northwest
- Click here > WHO’S COMING 2017 (Teams will be updated once a week)
LOCATION: Spokane, WA
- Dwight Merkel (google map)
- Franklin Park (google map)
- Chief Garry (google map)
- Clark Park (google map)
- Liberty Lake (google map)
- Shadle Park High School (google map)
- Roger’s High School (google map)
CLASS / TOURNAMENT RULES
- Competitive / Open – 3 game guarantee
- Click here for rules> TOURNAMENT RULES
- 9u – 44′ pitching, 60′ bases. NO lead offs, Big Barrel bats ok
- 10u – 44′ pitching, 60′ bases. NO lead offs, Big Barrel bats ok
- 11u – 48′ pitching, 70′ bases. lead offs ok, Big Barrel bats ok
- 12u – 48′ pitching, 70′ bases. lead offs ok, Big Barrel bats ok
- 13u – 54′ pitching, 80′ bases. lead offs ok, Big Barrel bats ok
- 14u – 60′ 6″ pitching, 90′ bases. lead offs ok, BBCOR only
- 16u- 60′ 6″ pitching, 90′ bases. lead offs ok, BBCOR only
- 19u – 60′ 6″ pitching, 90′ bases. lead offs ok, BBCOR only
REGISTRATION AND ENTRY FEES:
Registration will officially close 3 weeks (May 12th) prior to tournament start date, or when max teams has occurred.
- 9u- EARLY BIRD $425 (on or before 2/28) $475 (after 2/28) max teams 10
- 10u- EARLY BIRD $425 (on or before 2/28) $475 (after 2/28) max teams 12
- 11u- EARLY BIRD $525 (on or before 2/28) $575 (after 2/28) max teams 16
- 12u- EARLY BIRD $525 (on or before 2/28) $575 (after 2/28) max teams 16
- 13u- EARLY BIRD $525 (on or before 2/28) $575 (after 2/28) max teams 16
- 14u- EARLY BIRD $600 (on or before 2/28) $650 (after 2/28) max teams 18
- 16u- EARLY BIRD $600 (on or before 2/28) $650 (after 2/28)max teams 10
- 19u- EARLY BIRD $600 (on or before 2/28) $650 (after 2/28) max teams 16
PLEASE NOTE IN REGISTRATION, EARLY BIRD DISCOUNT WILL ONLY REFLECT AT END OF REGISTRATION WHEN PAYMENT IS DUE.
- Championship Bracket – Team trophy and T-Shirts for top two teams
- Consolation Bracket – Team trophy for first place in consolation bracket
- Baseballs included with entry fee
- Coaches, please input roster during registration
- Concessions will be available at Dwight Merkel and Franklin fields
- North Spokane RV Campground (Full Hookups)
10904 N Newport Hwy
- Riverside State Park (Dry Camp)
9711 W. Charles Rd.
509-465-5064 Best in the Northwest Events
- Dry Camping available at Merkel or Franklin Fields
- Liberty Lake Campground
3707 S. Zephyr Rd.
Liberty Lake, WA. 99019
Best in the Northwest Events
1) Home Run Derby – Each team may enter one player. There will also be a wild card available for each age group. A winner from each wild card age group will also be entered into the derby.
2) Around the Horn – Each team will enter 4 players
3) Accuracy Throw – Anyone not competing in the other two competitions are eligible to participate.
The above link takes you to the available hotels for the tournament. Parents or Team Members may click this link and book at anytime. Please note that the Team Manager/Coach going through tournament registration will be given the option to block a group of rooms for the team.
When registering for the tournament, you will be required to upload your team roster to RoomRoster. If you have an electronic copy of your roster, you may enter it under the “Custom Questions” section of registration. If not, CLICK HERE for a roster template that you can use.
NOTICE TO ALL TEAMS:
To support our organization’s goal of creating the best tournament experience for every team manager, coach and family, we have implemented new tournament management software to manage the following:
- Tournament Registration
- Accommodation Management
- ALL traveling participants are required to secure accommodations within this software
- Discounted rates at official tournament hotels have been pre-negotiated
- For those looking for a specific hotel that is not on our official list, the system will make available all remaining hotel inventory at current online rates.
- Player & Team Questionnaire – i.e. Liability waiver
- Communication and Updates
- Scoring and Scheduling
- Venue directions and details
- Fully integrated tournament app
- Available for download to any mobile device or tablet
- Personalized for each participant and team to include:
- Integrated hotel reservation details
- Team schedule, standings and scoring updates
- Venue directions
- Real-time tournament announcements
- Personal calendar updates
Click red box below to register online
A printer friendly form for registration is no longer available. To register, please click the link above.