Spring 2023 Recreational Softball (Ages 8-14)
The recreational softball league is perfect for players with any level of experience, looking to have some fun out on the field. It is a great league to stay active, meet new players, and continue to grow and develop. Players can sign up individually, and will be placed on teams based on teammate requests, coach requests, and teams within their area. All uniforms are provided, helmets, and catchers gear for games.
If you are looking to have some fun, learn and develop your softball skills, and grow with your teammates then recreational softball is the game for you.
Waitlist Registration Open
SEASON DATES: APRIL 10th – May 25th
- Practices start the week of April 10th
- Games starts the week of April 24th (12 games)
- Sunday Game & Picture Day Weekend April 23rd
- Season may extend due to field availability and make up games.
Register on or before March 2nd for priority placement. Coach request and player requests may not be available after the deadline. **Registration after March 2nd will be a waitlist registration.
DIVISIONS & FEES:
- 10u (ages 8,9,10 as of 12/31/2022) $135 per player
- 12u (ages 10,11,12 as of 12/31/2022) $175 per player
- 14u (ages 12,13, 14 as of 12/31/2022) $175 per player
- 10u Rec game days Tuesdays and Thursdays or possible Friday
- 12u & 14u Rec game days Monday and Wednesday or possible Saturday
- 12 games, game times 6:00 pm, weekend game times may vary
Players are assigned to teams based on the high school area chosen in the registration. (No Draft) If there is no team directly in the player’s area then we will assign to a team that is nearby.
- Practice day and field location will be scheduled by the volunteer coach
- Before games begin, teams will practice twice a week. Once games start, teams may choose to continue to practice. Practices may be scheduled on a Friday or a Saturday.
- Coaches will contact their players after the coach’s meeting
SIYS UNIFORM INCLUDES:
- Visor, jersey, and game pants
- Athletic shoes/cleats (no metal cleats), glove and bat
SIYS PROVIDES TEAM:
- Gear Bag (will be turned in at the end of the season)
- Box of softballs for each team
- Score Book
- Line Up Cards
- Sportsmanship pins
- When – March 22nd at 6:00 pm
- Where – ZOOM
- Who – All 10u – 14u Recreational Softball Coaches
- Gear bag, uniforms & Supply Pick Up at SIYB Storage: March 23rd – 24th
- Gear bag turn in at SIYB Storage: TBD
- CLICK HERE for Softball rules
- A Volunteer Head Coach is needed before a team starts – All SIYB coaches are volunteers. For more information, contact email@example.com
- Volunteer Rec Head Coaches receive 50% off their player’s registration. The 50% refund will be issued after the season starts.
- Volunteer Coaches will need to have a current background check and abuse prevention training certificate on file with SIYB
- Coaches contact registered players after receiving their roster from the coaches meeting, please be patient for this contact.
- What kind of bat does my child need? CLICK HERE
- Estimated release is March 31st
Blue Sombrero Sports Connect – LOGIN /CREATE your account to register HERE